Trainee at Swiss Re Europe S.A., Niederlassung Deutschland in Munich
Online since 2020-09-28
About Swiss Re
Swiss Re is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. We anticipate and manage a wide variety of risks, from natural catastrophes and climate change to cybercrime.
At Swiss Re we combine experience with creative thinking and cutting-edge expertise to create new opportunities and solutions for our clients. This is possible thanks to the collaboration of our 15,000 employees across the world.
We offer a flexible working environment where curious and adaptable people thrive. Are you interested in joining us?
About the Programme
We are looking for highly motivated graduates with strong interpersonal and analytical skills, who are eager to learn and broaden their knowledge and expertise. You have a Bachelor, Master or PhD degree with up to 3 years professional experience – we invite you to apply to our graduates@swissre programme 2021.
The programme offers you the chance to join the dynamic, fast-moving world of a leading risk knowledge organisation. Over an 18-month period, you’ll receive on- and off-the-job training, including a job rotation that gives you the opportunity to work across different business units.
About the Role
Are you passionate about creating real value and building beneficial partnerships to achieve success? Then this position is for you! Your job will include originating, evaluating and underwriting casualty business within your assigned portfolios. You will foster client and broker relationships and develop new opportunities with prospective clients. Thus, regular client and broker visits and negotiations are part of the job. Furthermore, you will become an expert on the Re-/insurance market in respect of insurance law and regulation, contract wordings, and on brokers and competitors. Close collaboration with client managers, market & facultative underwriters as well as other internal stakeholders is daily business. Together we build on our partnerships with our clients and share our knowledge, with the objective to bring value for the client and Swiss Re. This role offers you lots of space to develop ideas, contribute to creative solutions, but also to develop and improve yourself through diverse challenges and trainings.
About the Team
You will join an ambitious and experienced team of Casualty Underwriters located in Munich. Our clients are all over Germany, Austria, Central and Eastern Europe, Russia and the Nordic countries. We focus on casualty insurance, serving a client base ranging from car owners to corporation risks. To distinguish ourselves from the competition, we also provide services to our clients, and we share our know-how with them. We seek to help our clients grow and to flourish with them, by closing the protection gap as well as in helping our clients with their capital management and product innovation. Our deals range from country-specific treaties to cross-regional solutions as well as from standardized treaties to tailor-made solutions.
• Successfully completed university degree, preferably in Mathematics, Actuarial Science, Business Administration, Economics, Law or equivalent
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills and ability to focus on details without losing track of the bigger picture
• Strong interest in/motivation to learn about insurance/reinsurance
• Approaches problems with curiosity and open-mindedness, a fast learner
• Innovative, showing a high degree of own initiative
• Team-player, willingness to contribute actively to the overall team result and team spirit
• Strong collaboration with cross-functional working groups or projects
• Ability and enthusiasm to work in a global and multicultural environment
• Mature & self-confident; able to work with clients, business partners or senior colleagues
• Proven expertise to work independently and proactively
• Excellent oral and written German and English skills; additional language skills advantageous, in particular Russian or Nordic languages
• Proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
• Very good communication and interpersonal skills
• Willingness to travel regularly
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.Attachment Download
38 hours per week
Business Studies, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Mechanical Engineering, Medicine, Miscellaneous, Physics, TUM School of Governance
Swiss Re Europe S.A., Niederlassung Deutschland
81925 München, Germany
Alumni & Career übernimmt keine Gewähr für die Inhalte dieser Stellenanzeige. Sehen Sie ein Problem mit dieser Stellenanzeige? Report this job ad!